Also on Sunday, former Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erakat condemned the Middle East diplomatic Quartet after it sought to discourage new flotillas from sailing to Gaza.
"The blockade on Gaza should be immediately lifted, not eased. That is the only appropriate and acceptable message," Erakat said in a statement.
"We invite (the Quartet) to focus on resolving the root cause of the conflict, which is the occupation, rather than seeking ways to manage its destructive symptoms," Erakat said.
On Saturday the Quartet, with representatives from the United States, Russia, the European Union and the United Nations, said the flotillas were not helpful.
"The Quartet recognizes that Israel has legitimate security concerns that must continue to be safeguarded," it said in a statement, adding that "enabling movement and access for Palestinian people and goods are critical."
The ships, chartered by pro-Palestinian activists, are seeking to break the Israeli blockade on the Gaza Strip and are loaded with items ranging from aid to letters from supporters.
But the flotilla has been plagued by setbacks, including Greece's refusal to let several ships head out to sea and the discovery that at least two vessels had been damaged.
Activists have accused Israel of sabotaging the damaged ships and putting political pressure on Athens to prevent the vessels from sailing.
Israel has denied any sabotage of the ships, but ministers have expressed satisfaction at the flotilla's difficulties. Israel warned that it would not allow the ships to break its blockade of the Hamas-run territory.
In 2010, Israeli commandos raided a flotilla of aid ships seeking to reach Gaza in an operation that left nine Turkish citizens dead and prompted widespread criticism.
In the wake of May 31 incident, Israel eased some of its restrictions on Gaza, loosening the blockade it imposed after Gaza-based militants captured an Israeli soldier in 2006 and that was tightened in 2007 when Hamas seized Gaza.